Monday 10 February 2014

TWINS!

IT's girls! Due Date Feb 19th They are both expecting. Sister B twin ASL sisters and Sister J  TBA
Dear family and friends,

Just got finished with some volley ball with my zone and I'm so tried!


Okay the big news is I am training TWO sisters in the ASL program here starting next week! Ya me! It's crazy. This is truly is the Lord mission and here's how I know. This is from one of my trainees farewell talk:

"Everything has come together in this last month since I've received my call. I now understand why I was not to go when I wanted to. The Washington DC North mission has not had ASL sisters in the mission since 2005. I know that the companions who will be out in the field with me were not ready back in February, but are ready to serve now. I know that I'm ready and I have no doubt that the people I will come in contact with are ready for the gospel."

See, the Lord needed a sister to come here to train these two sisters and the only way they could do this is by sending one here from an other mission.


Ok, you might not think it is crazy awesome, but I do! The only thing I wonder about is, why me? There are so many wonderfully capable ASL sisters that could be transferred here.... But the Lord sent me.... Why? Why do I need to train these two wonderful sisters? What can I teach them? These are things I have been thinking about the last few days since President told me.

Mom add ons:

The mission president encouraged Sister Bascom to go to the ASL branch before she gets transferred into the branch and introduce herself. She went to a games night at the branch this weekend and met some lovely people. The branch president is from the Edmonton area. Small world hun.

Shout out:Sister Bascom's birthday is on Valentines Day. Now that she is an IPad mission you can send her some birthday love on Facebook. 

























Shout outs to Sister Bascom this week for her 20th b-day on Valentines Day. You can send her love on her Facebook wall. 

Well hope you all have a great singles awareness day! I know I will!


Love Sister Bascom

No comments:

Post a Comment