Friday 8 August 2014

Pray He Is There. Speak He is Listening


Dear Family and Friends
Sorry I am short on time again so (please for give the spelling and grammar….)
TRANSFERS, were this week and my new P day is Friday. Sister Peters is now a DL or our district and is with Sister Mashbat from Mongolia! They will be great together. They are still in West Gate Sister peters is the only one that stayed out of both West zones so she has to train her whole district on WG! ( West gate handles getting the sisters to take drop in tours.) BTW we had a great b-day party for her. She has joined the 20's club :D
I am now serving with Sister Yeung from Hong Kong. I joined her as a ZL in N3. This zone is on square a lot and  and with sister Yeung speaking Mandarin, Cantonese and German we are really really busy! :P But its been great!  We are teaching really well together. I know most of our zone really well. Sister Crazy Kennach and I are going to have SO much fun! More picture to come I promise!
T is getting baptized tomorrow!!!!! So here is her story! T was passed to me by a sister going out bound. First time I talked to her she wasn't really interested. Her friend and some of her family had really been just pressing her to learn and she wasn't ready. I called her a few times, she said she just wanted a friend to talk to. It was always hard to get a hold of her with her being in school and taking care of her dad. I went outbound and we lost contact. She was one of the first people I called when I got back and I invited her to really learn and let it change her life. She said she wanted that structure in her life. We have been teaching her ever since. At one point she didn't know if she could be baptized because her mom didn't really approve of the church... We suggested she should talk to her and than text us. We waited a week and she texted saying she wanted to talk.  She said she was a grow women and didn't feel like she needed to get her moms approval for anything and now she is getting baptized!!!!!
Also Amy (Amy is a recent convert that Sister B shared the gospel with.) is coming to SLC next week and I FINALLY get to meet her in person! I am also excited to start teaching her son this transfer :D

Last thoughts: I have really been thinking about how to act like Jesus in situations when you just want to slap people and say "you are wrong this is the ONLY way!!!".... not very Christ like. I constantly have to think about  Victor Garcia and how he said before he joined the church how he couldn't understand why the members were so Christlike. I want people to look at me that way, whether or not they join as long as they see that I am Christian and I am happy.
This morning I got to share my favorite primary song, that really helped me growing up, with a member or pour faith that is struggling: 
"Heavenly Father are you really there? And do you hear and answer ever child's prayer?"

I still ask him this question a lot, but than I get to answer my own question in the second verse:
"Pray, he is there. Speak, he is listening. You are his child, his love now surrounds you. He hears your prayers, he loves the children, of such is the kingdom the kingdom of Heaven"

Remember you are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem and Smarter than you Think
LOVE Sister Bascom

No comments:

Post a Comment