Friday 1 August 2014

Service, Use Time Wisely, Share



Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been really good, I'm sad this transfer is coming to a close so quickly but I look forward to my new callings with the new transfer. So I don't know when my next Pday will be so you will all have to sit tight. For all I know it could be Wednesday or next Tuesday... now that would really suck. 

I was studying about service the other day and we have been talking about pride with our less active recently. I think President Monson is an excellent example of unselfish service. Last night Sister Peters and I both thought we needed to spend our square time more wisely. We usually plan 3 places to go and as soon as we get to the square we feel we need to get there as fast as possible. We pass so many people as we rush from place to place looking for those waiting for the gospel. It reminded me of what I read in PMG (PMG is Preach My Gospel it is the Missionary gaining book.) in chapter 9 is states "While the Prophet Joseph Smith was traveling with a group of missionaries on the Missouri River, the Lord revealed, “It is not needful for … mine elders to be moving swiftly … whilst the inhabitants on either side are perishing in unbelief” (D&C 61:3)." 

We set a goal for today to not plan places to go but to just follow the spirit. I'm happy to say we now have a new investigator that lives here in Utah and has lots of questions. She has lived here her whole life but never really investigated the church! I feel so blessed and so stupid at the same time as I strive to be better I see all these great results. I can't help think to myself "Why didn't I do this sooner!? I am the one stopping myself from receiving all these blessings". I see that in my investigators too, and all the people around me. Our Father is SO amazing and wants to bless us, but we stop him from doing so. Because he cannot bless us when we aren't willing to put in a little work of our own. 

Sister Peters and I watched an amazing video this morning, the churches newest mormon message. I hope that you will all share it with your friends and family. I was just so so so blown away by it! I love the gospel and how it really does change lives to drastically.

http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=3701964025001&cid=HPTH073114368
Have a great week everyone and know that I love you!
Remember you are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem and Smarter than you Think
Love Sister Bascom

No comments:

Post a Comment