Saturday 13 September 2014

Conference is COMING, Be Prepared!


Dear Family and Friends,
Wow, this week has been great! I felt the Father using me a lot this past week. I have shared my fear and hate of divorce this last week with quite a few people; mostly young people. The new fact I have learned is that RMs that marry each other have a 2% divorce rate. This has really lessen my fears in  the future of marriage and makes me so happy I have served a mission and that my mom and dad did too. The people I have shared this with have been completely blown away and they said that was something they had been thinking about a lot. I'm glad I can serve them in that way. I love being a tool in his hands and following the promptings I receive. I haven't always done it... I wish I had cause I know there are so many blessings behind each one. So much of the time I have said to myself  No we are already late. or  I don't want to disturb them...All very silly things to think when the spirit just told you to go talk to someone. I pray we never tell the spirit off. The spirit has feelings too and if you keep hurting it he won't stick around to keep sharing...

Again so many miracles this week:

I had a  woman on German tour the other day that referred herself. She won't be home for another month but she really wanted to read the Book of Mormon. We could tell she didn't 100% agree with her present faith and she just lite up when we told her about the Book of Mormon.

We followed a prompting to talk to a young man on our way home. Now we are helping him prepare for a mission. He is SO excited to have more direction in his life.
A has been having a hard week this week, but she knows what she has to do. I'm glad that she trusts us so much. I really feel like I have found a life long friend :)

S was back in UT and so he came down to Temple Square if he is still here Sunday we want him to come to church and Music and The Spoken Word with us. :) We taught him about modern day prophets and he was just itching to watch all the videos we had from General Conference and the testimony of the 12 and the prophet. So we ended the lesson and let him run wild by himself after we invited him to be baptized. Now we need him to go to church in between all the driving he does....

Conference is just around the corner. Conference is like Christmas to me even though I don't get physical gifts I get the questions of my soul answered through a living day prophet, what better gift could you get? I always love to play a game where I  take a question to general conference. If the prophet or one of the apostles don't answer it through the spirit than this isn't the true church. It is always answered. I know the Thomas S Monson is a prophet. He speaks in behave of Jesus Christ, who is our Savior and Redeemer. His and the Fathers purpose is for us to be happy here and to return to live with him again. I can't wait to be there with him.

 I am also looking  forward to the new transfer. So many wonderful sisters leaving including my trainee to CA for her outbound. :( But I can't wait to see the Sisters who are coming back to us, namely Sister Ma so I can hug her, and Sister Steenhock so I can ask her all about DC :) I love my mission, I love what he is making me into, I know he loves you, much more than I could.I hope you all prepare to listen to the prophet in just a few short weeks and have the questions of your soul answered. 
In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Remember you are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem and Smarter than you Think.
Sister Bascom



No comments:

Post a Comment