Friday 5 September 2014

Peaks, Hula and Miracles


We went to Ensign Peak for a zone activity today. When we got to the top I realized that it was almost a year since I climbed that peak for my first time. I really got to think about how I have changed and what is different between now and then. We had a great testimony meeting with the zone. We shared about what we thought when we opened our calls and how we are truly becoming the missionaries the Lord wants us to be.

I am so proud of the zone, they are all trying so hard to be effective in their mission responsibilities and the numbers show it. We are the smallest zone in the mission (16 sisters), but we are leading the mission is several key indicators. There is always room for improvement, but I'm just glad they can see where they are at and feel accomplished and move forward taking that confidence with them.

Ali whom is preparing to serve a mission.

I did hula dancing this morning and all the polly sisters were amazed at how naturally it came to me (My grandma always wanted me to be a hula dancer.) New work out in the morning? Check! Maybe someday I will be hula dancer and perform all over the islands in the south pacific :D Performing will always be a love of mine. I love going to the performances we have here on Temple Square as well, they have quite a few good ones.

We have had so many miracles this week, I just feel so blessed. First Ali my no longer less active is preparing to serve a MISSION!!!!! I can't even explain how much I love this girl, she has become my sister. She puts her papers in the 1st of Oct and says she will open is her call on Temple Square :D She has come so far and I know she will be the most amazing missionary.


Al, he isn't my investigator but, every time I see him we get to have the most awesome conversations. He has changed a lot from who use to be. I have been able to share some gospel principles that helped him to change. This is why I love being a missionary.

Last and best, we took a call to close the Joseph Smith movie during our dinner. As we close it I stopped a couple and ask them what they thought of the movie (this is a great way to teach and testify about JS divine call and responsibility). He is a member who had seen it before and said it always brought tears to his eyes. The woman said it was her first time and she had just recently decided to read the Book of Mormon (She just got one from Deseret Books.) and start learning more. They are newly wedded couple (Okay 2yrs.) and she asked about temple sealings. We have an appointment Sunday :D

These are just to name a few, the Lord has been so merciful. Can't believe Conference is around the corner. They are putting up all the Christmas lights already too.
Time flies when you are having fun!

Remember you are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem and Smarter than you Think
Sister Bascom  

No comments:

Post a Comment