Saturday 18 October 2014

ALWAYS be a MISSIONARY!


Dear Family and Friends,

We had zone activity today, we went to Liberty Park and had a picnic, play basketball, took pictures and just relaxed. Its was good and I was glad to do it.
As my mission draws to a close I keep thinking "What more can I do?". I am trying to stay away from the dangerous thoughts that Satan likes to put in our heads, "You deserve a rest." This week I am going to study the talk "This Day" by Elder Eyring. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2007/04/this-day?lang=eng I have always loves how he talks about constant service and how the Savior was a perfect example of that. I think this will help me to be focused and push myself to the very end. I can't let Satans excuses get to me, there is more in me than that, he knows it and I know it.  The words of President Harmon's (Pre. H is one of the counsellor's in the T2 mission Pres.) favorite songs come to mind: 
"Be fixed in your purpose, for Satan will try you;
The weight of your calling he perfectly knows.
Your path may be thorny, but Jesus is nigh you;
His arm is sufficient, tho demons oppose."
I need to be fixed in my purpose this week and not let anything hold me back.
Okay MIRACLE!!!!
A previous investigator M. Sister Dias (my trainer)  and I taught him together,  we found out he was still on parol  and he would have to wait a loooooong time to get baptized. He got really discouraged with that cause he really wanted to be baptized. He also needed to go to jail for a few days or week or something to do some time... He didn't want to and said he wasn't going to go. We told him we need to be law abiding citizen... We didn't get positives responses from him and we got scared he was going to run for it... every email we got back from him after that he said he was fine and don't worry about me.... He then he stopped replying and we just knew he was in jail.Well last week I was going through all my dropped people and trying them all one last time. I called M's bishop to ask about him. AS of December 8th 2013 he has been an active member of the church. I could hardly contain my joy! I haven't talked to him myself yet but I hope to be able to before I leave or add him on FB when I get back. BTW FB is an awesome way to find people :)

So to sum this all up. I am learned that a missionary's work is never done. My work isn't done. Taking off the name tag means nothing. Its a piece of plastic. What matters is the name written on your heart. I hope after 18 months or 24 months Christ's name is written on ever missionaries heart even after the name tag comes off. We still represent Jesus Christ. I need to remember my calling isn't done. I haven't been released, just reassigned. I'm excited about that. There are people in other places that I need to help. They just all happen to be in Canada at the moment, or on FB or... Its going to be great! I hope you are all looking for those people God has sent you to. 

Remember you are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem and Smarter than you Think
Sister Bascom 

Guess who came to hang with the girls Sunday night???


No comments:

Post a Comment