Tuesday 24 September 2013

EVERY Member a Missionary



Dear family and friends
Ahhh what a week. I can't believe we are half way through this transfer. Sister Barrett and I are kind having the best time ever.  Just this morning instead of doing personal study we got caught up in studying the 3 Degrees of Glory, The Plan of Salvation and such. It all just started with one small question and now.... well you can guess what we are going to do when we get home tonight :) 

My investigators are doing awesome! P found a better job and FINALLY went to church! There is a Chilean women in his ward and he has been invited to their house for a party this weekend, which he wants me to attend with him. He is meeting with those local missionaries too!!!! S accepted a Book of Mormon. Baby steps with her. C who I finally got in contact with has a baptismal date set. Sarah has been helping me with member presentations. 

I just saw Sister Hill (is a dear family friend.) in the church office building! Great week!


Sister Bascom announcing tours in different languages. 
I don't know if I have mentioned this but President Gillette challenged all of us to read 6 pgs. of the Book of Mormon a day to have it read cover to cover before Dec, because of this 2 Nephi 29 has become my new favorite chapter. Its so bold! Which all the sisters have been telling me I am.... I just love it because of..... well you go and read it and guess why ;)

Speaking of being bold, I was reading about missionary work with Sister Barrett from PMG (Preach my Gospel.) book and I loved what it had to say:

Members who share the gospel experience joy and have the Spirit of the Lord more abundantly. As we share the gospel, we appreciate how precious and meaningful it is to us, and we feel a greater love for God and others. The Lord commanded His followers to preach the gospel in all the world, giving every person the opportunity to accept or reject it. HAVE When people are baptized, they make a covenant to always stand as witnesses of God. They are commanded to share the gospel with those who have not yet received it. As they live the gospel faithfully, they will set an example, showing their family members and friends the great blessings that come from living the gospel. They should also take advantage of opportunities to answer questions, share printed or audiovisual materials, and invite others to learn more about the message of the restored gospel. Members should pray for those who are not members of the Church. They should pray for missionary opportunities to serve those who are not of our faith and share what they believe. The Lord promises to help members know what to say and do as they share the gospel.

I love this, because one of my biggest pet peeves has become a member who does not share this AMAZING message of the gospel with others. We have such an amazing gift. The gospel is a gift and we are selfish not to share it. When we are baptized we are covenanting with God that we will stand as a witness. S is such an example to me. She just got baptized. She is sharing the gospel with all her friends now. She doesn't know everything. She just texted me a question that she had about doctrine. She has a testimony that it is true. We don't need to know everything. In heaven we didn't fight with knowledge. We fought against the devil and his followers with testimony. We know that the gospel is true. How? By the feelings we have, not the facts. We don't need those and I have to tell my investigators everyday. "I don't need facts, I don't need prof, I need my Father to confirm it through the Holy Spirit and that is it." He knows better then all of us, so why not ask him above anyone else?

So I have a challenge for all of you, I want you to sit and think about all your friends and family. I want you to share the gospel with one of them. How? Do it yourself, ask missionary in your area or send their info to me. I'm serious, if you don't think you are brave enough to do it alone send their  and your info to me and I will give it to another sister and she can help you and that person more. God has promised us that he will be with us as we teach the gospel, not just missionaries. Be that witness of Christ and next week I hope to have your info and your friend or family members so I can help you, help them come closer to their Saviour and you can have the blessings of sharing the gospel and strengthen your testimony as well. Like they say with love, when you share it, it get stronger, well its the same with your testimony. If you feel like you don't have a testimony share it, always start small, Book of Mormon, Jesus Christ, God the Father, a Prophet. If you have a testimony of any other these things you have something to share, so go and share it.

I hope all of you will take up my challenge even missionaries. Think of an inactive friend or a family member someone who could be strengthened in the gospel and give it to me. I want to help you fulfill your responsibility as a witness of Jesus Christ. Remember why you are here on earth, what is the whole point of coming down here and then look around at people, your brothers and sisters who may have lot sight of that and help them.
Sisters at Mission Family Home Evening


I LOVE you.
I love this gospel and I know you all do too because we all chose it. 
Sister Bascom

No comments:

Post a Comment