Friday 1 November 2013

P Day Number TWO


Dear Family and Friends

Today has been crazy! We went to Costco and got a TON of food but when we went to get cash out of the ATM it wasn't working. The cashier said just use your  debit card and it STILL would not work. After an hour of being on the phone to the bank and calling other people to try and find out what was going on it turns out that the bank charged us but didn't give us anything back!!!!! It was so frustrating!!!! I HATE MONEY! Anyways we have lots of food now. Pres Seppi came and bailed us out.He was so sweet!  I could have cried. Lots of members came to ask if we need anything and one bought us ice cream :) After 5 hours of shopping we ran down here to email and then go home with everyone. So much for a restful p-day..... Sister Seigle was so so so helpful though I think she is what kept me calm or I would have just walked away from the store and forgotten about everything. I think of her as one of my best friends here on temple square, we are like sisters.

Partners In Frustration at Costco
I have come to really love Sister Orsorio the AP. I was talking to her at the Halloween party she was telling me how great of a missionary she thought I am and she told me that they know they can depend on me for anything. :) It really good to hear this from someone I admire and I really admire Sister Orsorio she is very very sweet.

Halloween was great! We had a potato bar and lots of cookies and candy. We watched The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I couldn't help but compare everything to the gospel. I mean its not hard with that movie. But wait till I get home with every movie I watch I will be doing this :P
How was your Halloween?

One Canadian and One Italian Cowboy
I'm very excited for the TS sisters performance in just under 2 weeks! So much work still to do.  Learn my harp piece, practice the songs in ASL and the dance too. Craziness! But TS really keeps you on your toes thats for sure. Never a dull moment!


Sister Bascom and Sister Turro from Scilly.
Love my new companion Sister Turro. She is from Italy. She is a lot of fun and we have similar personalities.  Some people would get bothered with this but, I LOVE it. (Well we have only been together 3 days.) Our first tour together was so AMAZING! She has the biggest testimony and is very eager to learn all the facts and history here, but she has already got the principles of the gospel down pat! I know we will work really well together. The couple referred and they said they have anew view of the mormons and feel very enlightened. Can't wait to start teaching them via phone and email.  

Well hope you all are having a great Nov. (Yep its that time already!)

Remember your Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem and Smarter than you Think.
Sister Bascom
Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment