Monday 21 April 2014

New Beginnings

Sister Edmonds and Sister Bascom
Another week has flown by and so much has happened. I am with my new companion (singular), in our new apartment in the ASL program. Best news of the week? We now have permission to go where we need to to teach, meaning NO BOUNDARY LINES!!!! Ya yesterday we went and found a former investigator in Virginia that went really well, but we got home really late.... We will work on that. My new companion Sister Edmunds is a sweet Utah girl, she is dead but grew up with a cochlear implant so she can hear fine and talks great. We are still getting use to each other, nicest thing though is that we don't have to share a bathroom :D ya whole apartment to ourselves. It's nice but I've never lived with just one ore person before... And a deaf one at that, it's so quite....

Anyways being back in ASL program is pretty good, keeping busy is the hardest part right now, especially for me coming from temple square where all you have to plan is which building you want to walk around in and who
to call. I'm sure as soon as I get it down I will leave, that's usually how it happens. I'm trying to make the most of every moment here as I have less then a month now! How did that happen!? Oh and  in three days I hit my one year mary.WHAT!?

Easter has been so great for me though, I mean it has been really hard not being with the family but I have thought a lot more on the atonement this year and less on the chocolate and bunny rabbits. That's the great thing about the mission. I just keep seeing the atonement everywhere! Literally! Every mistake I make, every bad experience, every person I talk to everything I see, I think that is there... that can be fix... I can do better.... With the atonement :) isn't that awesome!? No matter how many times I mess up. I can turn to Christ and he will make up for it. We talked about the in RS yesterday, as women we alway want to be perfect we always want to be better and never feel like we are (all the time!). But because of the atonement everything we can't do Christ will be there to help us up :) this brings me great comfort. I just love this time of year, with all it's new beginnings, it's like New Years! It's a new start. Use the atonement and be changed, you aren't stuck with the past you can move on to the future. I promise! I hope you will all realize that and use the gift that has been given to you :)

Have a great week everyone
Remember you are Braver than you Believe,  Stronger than you Seem and Smarter than you Think.
Sister Bascom



No comments:

Post a Comment