Friday 6 June 2014

Don't WASTE a MINUTE!

Dear Family and Friends

Wow what an awesome week! I don't even know where to start! My companion is WAY better at giving a detailed description of what we have been up to tan me. Maybe I will just forward hers ;) jkjk but actually she types 6 pages every pray!

I have been on a lot of exchanges this week and I have learned from all of them! On Friday with my Zone Leader Sister Escobedo. Tuesday and tomorrow with Sister Snow. Being a DL this time is a little harder then last to be honest. Maybe it's because my district last time was just so AWESOME or maybe because my ZL push me more or because I am more aware of how we can improve and be better and I want that for each and everyone of my sisters. 

A mission is so short.... I can't believe I can count the months on 1 hand I have left and all the weeks on my fingers and toes.... its not fair. Okay I'll stop complaining now. But I really am learning to not waste a second here. I have never worked so hard as a missionary. I have never wanted it this bad. I'm sad it has taken me this long to figure out my role as a missionary. Now I know who I am and I can't imagine myself not being a missionary. I really can't! All we talk about now are our investigators. All I think about is my district and how we can improve. I love it! I never want to change. Change is a part of life. Just as I am now changed into a missionary. Someday I will be changed into... not a missionary.

But enough rambling let me brag about my awesome investigators!
We met Jane on the square a few days ago and she is really searching for her purpose. She should have died in a car crash a few years ago, but she came out with a few challenges. We hope to teach her on the square again before she goes back to California. We showed her God's Plan and talked a lot about families.

Up date on Josh, we met him again on the square and we really got down to the center of what is going on. He doesn't feel he can forgive himself because he thinks he will just do it again.  I have seen this in several of our investigators as of late. It hurts me to think that they don't know how our Saviour payed for those sins and he wants us to forgive ourselves so we can truly let the atonement work in our lives. One of the sisters here who has temporarily gone home because of illness (Positive thinking.) sent a beautiful picture that made me think of all of the people I have met in the world who don't feel they deserve forgiveness. I want them to look at this picture and see just how tight the Savior holds to that man, despite what he has done.... This is how much our Savior loves us. He wouldn't have it any other way. I read this talk this morning while trying to think of how we could help our investigators who just couldn't forgive themselves and this is what was at the end

"Jesus had not finished his work when his body was slain, neither did he finish it after his resurrection from the dead; although he had accomplished the purpose for which he then came to the earth, he had not fulfilled all his work. And when will he? Not until he has redeemed and saved every son and daughter of our father Adam that have been or ever will be born upon this earth to the end of time, except the sons of perdition. That is his mission. We will not finish our work until we have saved ourselves, and then not until we shall have saved all depending upon us; for we are to become saviors upon Mount Zion, as well as Christ. We are called to this mission."

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1995/10/the-brilliant-morning-of-forgiveness?lang=eng

This is so beautiful to me and motivates me to serve with all my heart might mind and strength. I know I have a long way to go, but I have come a long way to :) I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the hope and love it brings me. I know that my Saviour lives and his work is not done! I know Mine isn't either not for another 5 months and even long after that.  Don't procrastinate the day of your repentance! Its not worth it!

I love you ALL and wish you a great week!
Remember you are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem
and Smarter than you Think!
Sister Bascom




No comments:

Post a Comment