Friday 20 June 2014

News from T2

West Gate Zone 


Dear Family and friends

Wow, this transfer has gone by SO fast,  I can't even believe it! I swear I just got here and now they tell me I have 3 transfers left! I can't even fathom it . I love mission life. If I could just have my family and a BF here this would be the life. It really would! Guess senior couples really do live the life.... gosh so lucky!

Well Sister Peters and I don't think we will be together next transfer, but you will all have to wait in suspense till my next p-day.... ya don't know when that will be. Sister Peters and I have just had so much fun together this transfer. I have learned SO much from her.

Out bounds were announced this morning! Sister Steenhock is going to my out bound Washington DC north! DC peeps prepare yourself for the sweetest, tallest sister! She will be great out there. My Zone leader Sister Briggs is the new AP, Called it ;) (Sister Briggs and Sister B were in the same incoming group from the MTC and have been friends since they hit the square.)

Tomorrow Sister Peters and I have been invited to a members home to help teach her deaf friend Kristena! I'm SO excited, it should be great. But today we found out that there are some ASL missionaries serving in their area so they will do the main teaching but my companion and I will still be a real help :) Our other investigators are kinda falling off the face of the earth. I'm sure other missionaries know what I am talking about. I have one new investigator who I think can go far if he has that desire. He was taught by missionaries before, and was really on board and everything but still doesn't have a testimony of Joseph Smith. I hope to help him develop that. He has committed himself to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover and to pray about it :)
 
Zone Activity today, BBQ at the Howells. Their neighbor is coming to take our pictures for the church photo pool.... Meaning that if they ever need pictures of missionaries at a BBQ they will use ours :P So I need to keep this short so I have time to go home and look presentable jkjk

But I really am out of time. I love you all and hope you have a great week. Sorry this isn't as spiritual and powerful as usual. I promise a better one next week ;)

Remember you are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem
and Smarter than you Think.
Love Sister Bascom

No comments:

Post a Comment