Thursday 24 July 2014

Because of HIM!




Dear Family and Friends,

HAPPY PIONEER DAY!

I feel so blessed to be here twice for pioneer day! Unfortunately I have lost the cord to my camera to charge it, so I don't have any pictures to send of the pioneer festivities. I will try and send some in a few weeks when I get them from other sisters cameras.

We went to the Bountiful temple Tuesday as the SLC one is closer for renovations. Going to the temple was so nice!  I have been so tired and stressed this week and going to the temple was like a drink of clear cool water, or the sleep I have been needing for a long time. I wish I could have spent another hour there so I could just enjoy the peace there and pray and receive answers to all my questions. I just really needed to feel that peace and love from my Father.

I love what a fellow missionary send in his email today "If I could ask anyone to just understand one thing I would ask that they take the time to understand God's love. Love from Him. Love for Him. and Love like Him." I love how he said he doesn't talk about himself because he would rather talk about Christ and his great love for all of us, and just how that love can change all of us and make us better. He went on to say "I want you to all know my great love for you, but more importantly Fathers love for you, Christ's love for you."For God so loved the worldthat he gave his only begotten Sonthat whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

 Thanks Elder for sharing that and thank you for serving!



If there is one thing I have learned on my mission it is about the atonement of Jesus Christ. What it is capable of, what I am capable of through it, with it and with Him. I love my Savior and all he has done for me, his great sacrifice enables me to be who I am today, tomorrow and in 10 years.. Because of Him!  I hope you all have seen the Because of him media clip, if not here is the link: https://www.lds.org/youth/video/because-of-him?lang=eng I love watching this media presentation. It reminds me of who he is and what he has done and now what I can do Because of Him!


Thank you all for your support and love. Have a great week!
Remember you are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem and Smarter than you Think!
Love Sister Bascom

No comments:

Post a Comment