Tuesday 23 April 2013

There She Goes




I am standing on the sea shore,
A ship sails in the morning breeze and starts for the ocean.
She is an object of beauty and I stand watching her
Till at last she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says:
"She is gone."

Gone! Where?
Gone from my sight - that is all.
She is just as large in the masts, hull and spars as she was when I saw her
And just as able to bear her load of living freight to its destination.
The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me,
not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says,
"She is gone",
There are others who are watching her coming, and other voices take up a glad shout:
"There she comes!"



This morning Lani said her good byes to her family.  We departed from our home to make the three hour drive to Calgary for her to board her plane. She had a lovely nap. Catching up on all those late nights Skyping with friends.

We arrived with plenty of time for her to enjoy some sushi in the airport. Check in and get through customs. Lani is the second child of EIGHT ( you can gasp. Many people do.) so she hasn't had the opportunity to fly since she was wee. So you can imagine that she was excited to experience flying again.

Mean while our dear friend Aundrea was having the longest day of her life waiting for her to come. She and her family are picking her up in SLC spending the evening with her and taking her to the MTC tomm.


I found this lovely graphic that plucked my heart strings this morning. We are thrilled to see her leave the safe harbour of our home and are excited to see where the wind takes her these next 18 months. Fair winds my dear Leilani.







No comments:

Post a Comment