Friday 12 July 2013

Be Not Weary In Well-Doing

What a week! I feel like I am on a missionary roller coaster sometimes. Things are so good at one point and then they get really really hard the next. I know in my last email I was very down and having a hard time. To be honest things haven't changed that much, but I have learned so much about myself and my God.
I got the awesome opportunity to finally sign this week, not once, not twice, but three times this week!!! The first person I talked to was Roberto a convert from California. It was awesome to skype and learn about him and how he came to the church. Can't wait to talk to him tomorrow :D 

Second was a young man named Josh. I was called right before we were to go on desk duty that there was an ASL tour and they couldn't find anyone else. We got someone else to take the desk and we took the tour. Josh was so happy to see that I could sign. He literally froze when I started signing. Then he jumped out of his chair and started signing in the happiest most excited manner I have ever seen. He did not calm down the entire tour :) He lives in Utah and only lost his hearing about a year ago and is really good signer. He is trying to get his papers in to serve a mission but I guess there are some complications. I think the bigger miracle was that Josh's companion served his mission in Brazil so Sister Dias and I both got to speak in our "mission" language :)

The third was a little deaf girl who at first wanted to watch a movie but then didn't. I talked to her and her mom for awhile before they left but I still thought it was just supper awesome to talk to so many people in ASL all in less then 3 days :D

Yesterday Sister Dias was a big help to me and I don't think she even knows it. (Don't worry I will inform her.) It had been a usual day.  We had taken 3-5 tours and had no referrals after you bare your heart and soul to people. We were ending the night with weekly planing as usual and we started talking about how frustrating those tours are. I was truly and honestly very upset and almost had a small break down. Sister Dias seeing me getting so emotional for like the first time ever said something I will never forget: "You are feeling the Saviors pain. This is how he feels for each one of us. I felt myself become a lot closer to my Savior that evening.  Knowing that he felt what I was feeling not for myself, but your heart hurting so much for another and wanting them to understand. I get told every day that Joseph Smith is a fraud and that the church is wrong, and my heart just pains for those people when they say that. Because they don't know, they really really don't.
I have gained a lot of comfort from this scripture this week D&C 64:33-34
Wherefore, be not aweary in bwell-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of csmall things proceedeth that which is great.
 Behold, the Lord arequireth the bheart and a cwilling mind; and the willing and dobedient shall eeat the good of the land of Zion in these last days.

For some people all this persecution everyday would break them.  But not me,  after the things I have been through already. Nor the sisters here. Everyday I look around at the sisters I serve with and feel so blessed to serve with such choice women. Knowing that they are going through the same thing I am and are staying so strong strengths me. I have had my faith tested to the breaking point. My Father knew that and he knew when to step in and strengthen me. And now I too like Joseph Smith can not deny it. Because if I did I would be damning myself. I cannot deny what I have felt. I know that this Church is true and God knows it too.

Hope you all have a great week.
All my love 
Sister Bascom

PS

Just after this was sent Sis Bascom called home. We got to chat with her for about half an hour. It was so great to hear her lovely voice and she is doing well. She got to have a few minutes with all of her brothers and sisters still living at home.

She is being stretched but figuring it all out.  She loves her current and past companion and is experiencing the growth of working as a team with another person. That will serve her well for the rest of her life. ;)


So nice to connect with her. You can tell from her voice that she is happy and thriving. Did my Mommy heart good.










No comments:

Post a Comment