Tuesday 8 October 2013

Conference is Over



Dear Family and Friends

Its beautiful here with the fall colors, crisp air and warm sunshine. 

Conference was crazy! Sleeping in these past few days has really helped. My goal was to get 70 referrals. We got 5. The sisters tell me that was a really high goal and I shouldn't worry. Our referral goal as a mission was 4,690 we got over 2,000. Yesterday Pedro said he and the elders set a baptismal date.  Luis who we met on Friday now has a baptismal date for the 26th.  Blessings and more blessings.  I think with all this talk about missionaries and members working together we will see the members step it up. Right ;)

Yesterday we had two members offer to pay for our dinner and another stop to talk to us on the street.:P

 I love how in conference someone mentioned that this time is just as amazing and exciting as the times during the first vision :D I got to watch the Saturday morning session of conference. My favorite talk was President Uchtdorf's :) http://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2013/10?lang=eng&vid=2721983168001&cid=12 
I loved at the Relief Society general conference how they talked a lot about covenants. I think it is important to prepare your kids for baptism and then for the temple. They need help them understand the seriousness of it.

I did a lot of service the other day. First was at The is the Place Heritage Park. We cleaned out a dirty, dusty old house where they stored all the Halloween things. Sister G, Sister P, Sister C and I were the only ones who really cleaned. The other 15+ sisters got scared by the mice or the dust. I then went to the temple and vacuumed offices. We then got to go up to the assembly hall  into the towers to catch moths ;) It was a ton of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment