Wednesday 16 October 2013

Who is the BOLDEST one of ALL???


Dear Friends and Family,
Thanks for all the mails I love hearing from you all. Please send me addresses so I can mail you all back. I don't have nearly enough time to email everyone.
Well, transfers are tomorrow. Sunday night before we found out what would happen for transfers. I prayed and told God I would accept anything he gave me to do.  So I will be  packing today and moving up the hill to a different building. It's all good because I love my new room mate Sister Orfila. She is from Brazil! She is just a transfer behind me and we have been in the same zone since she started :)

My new companion is Sister Johns old companion. Sister S. She is very shy. She has been through a lot. Her family is very unsupportive of her mission they often ask her when she is coming home. Ouch!  I will be staying in guest services. I am a little scared of my district leader but everyone tells me she is really nice and funny. Sister Humble and Takahashi are in my district too so this is sure to be another awesome transfer!
I feel very blessed this week to have several baptisms. It is really helping me stay focused on the moment. I hope to be able to attend the baptism of Pedro this weekend. Sister Dias and I met him on the square and he informed us he was very unhappy with his life. After several meetings with him we sent him to church. He got in touch with the local missionaries. The ward where he lives was very very very welcoming and he made instant friends :D I think this is the hardest part about TSQ mission you have to send your investigators off to church without you. Just like sending your kid to school. Hating to let them go into that big scary place. Hoping the other kids will be nice and that they will make friends fast. That the "teacher" will look out for them and care for them and they will learn lots while they are there. Well he is very much loved by the ward. His English is developing. He is SO funny ie When they announced his baptism in the ward he stood and gave a wave.:P Love him so much!

Did you all have a good thanks giving, I have to admit Sister Huffacher had to remind me of it. She borrow one of my Canada flags for it :P Everyone wants to be Canadian!

Its getting colder here I am going shopping for hats and tights!

Sad about all the Sisters that leave tomorrow, excited for the new sisters coming!

The district referred to in the poem below.

So just to show you all how awesome my old district was this is a poem Sister Huffacher wrote about us. Sorry, if you don't get some of the inside jokes....

"Gotta teach'm all!" the slogan said.
Visions of baptisms floated through our heads.
Pikachu's progressing, but Squirtle got dropped.
We still persevere; we can't ever stop.

 Zone leaders set an example for all.
With just two legs, yet never fall.
Two heads connected, with Holy Ghost between
Hvistendahl and Martinez are reigning supreme.

District leader's next, her heart so true.
Ready to testify--that book is blue.
Teaching us skills to gather all the rest,
Moldogalii knows exactly what's best.

Sister Briggs, her love so sweet,
Never fails a friend to greet.
She knows the truth down to her core,
and is forever on team dinosaur.

A beautiful angel sent from Brazil,
Definitely a light set on a hill.
Miracle keeper with eyes so bright,
Siegle's full of laughter and spiritual might.

When trouble comes, who should we call?
Who is the boldest one of all?
Sister Bascom, bold yet kind,
Holds her purpose in heart and mind.

With a story for every occasion,
Sister Barrett's been to nearly every nation.
With so much wisdom she can share,
We really need her on Temple Square.

Sister Huffaker's the newest recruit,
A poet and a writer to boot.
She's learning plenty and struggling some,
With the strength of a district, we'll overcome.

We love each other all so much,
Yet never know what hearts we touch.
Remember the love district sisters share,
Whenever there's hardship, we will be there
.
Lots of love to you all
Remember your Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem and Smarter than you Think
Sister Bascom

No comments:

Post a Comment