Monday 21 October 2013

Trials, Blessings and Upcoming Excitements

Dear Friends and Family

The weather has been beautiful!!! I love Temple Square in the Fall so many beautiful colors.
To be honest the last few days have been stressful. I don't even really understand why.  I can think a few things, transfers, senior companion again, not eating well, trying to improve my signing,  investigators etc etc. You know the usual mission stuff. 

The first day of the transfer things were going great! My companion and I were working really well together. 
But ya the last few days have been getting me down, I think I will go home and read the stress booklet over again and stress eat (okay I'll try not to stress eat). I loved that book! When I first got it I read half of it and then talked to my companion and just started opening up about how I was feeling. It was the third time I have cried on my mission (Yes, I can count it on one hand). I feel like that book is very inspired. I have to keep telling myself that I don't need a baptism everyday to feel like a good missionary. That just being here is amazing in itself and that everything else is a great great great blessing! This morning I was thinking on the sentence "And all the glory be thine". I love that and want to incorporate it into my missionary work more. I need to be more humble.

Pedro's Baptism
Pedro was baptized last Saturday and I got the wonderful opportunity to go, one of the few baptisms I will actually be able to attend on my mission. So I enjoy it to the fullest.

We have a Musical Performance coming up that almost all the sisters are participating in. I will be playing a harp duet with Sister Jager, singing in the choir,  interpreting the performance and helping teach a folk dance we will perform. :P Stay tuned for pictures and  videos on my blog.

Remember you are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem and Smarter than you Think.
Sister Bascom

No comments:

Post a Comment