Tuesday 3 December 2013

It's December


Dear Family and Friends

My new assignment is at West Gate, (We text out all the requests to take a tour to the sisters.) training a new sister and district leader.  My first district meeting went well. It was completely lead by the spirit.  I will be thanking my Heavenly Father every night this transfer for giving me Sister Hoyt and Sister Hodgkins as my zone leaders.

It has been a long time since you heard from me. It sucks when you don't get to have a p-day for 11 days because a change of zone means a change of P days. Count your blessings fellow missionaries this doesn't happen to you.  It was hard to see 23 messages waiting to be replied to when I got on this morning.

Talking about counting your blessings. These are some of mine:
1. I am thankful for my mission. I have learned so much here.  I have so much more to learn

2. I am thankful for the atonement. My Saviour lived and died for me. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to get to know him so well.

3. My family who sends me so much love and support

4. All the sisters here on the square that love and support me.

5. For adversity and opposition. How would I know how awesome all this is without having those times when I didn't know.

I woke up to a whole bunch of snow. It is still snowing and more is expected tomorrow. I don't expect it to melt till next year now. I probably will be going out bound next transfer as the square will be deserted. Sister Nelson and Takahashi have left leaving us 3 Canadians to manage on the square without them.  Sister Hitchricks our fellow Canadian is now AP so she is always so busy now. Sister Turro and I are have lots of fun. She is crazy, weird and awesome! Lots of new sisters came this transfer. Next transfer only has 1 American coming again.

Umm ya Thanksgiving was awesome and I took like NO pictures. SORRY!  We watched movies, (Princess Bride, and Monsters University.) ate lots of food, did crafts and danced. I got to drive there and back with Elder  and Sister Frost. They told us how they met and about the other missions they have served in. It was so nice. Elder Frost said he is expecting a courtship story out of me someday and I told him he is first one on the guest list for my wedding :)

So this week my biggest accomplishment is getting a MP ( This is a member that helps teach someone whom is learning about our church. It is very exciting, I know you have them all the time but here it is a blessing, I have finally found a member who is available and excited to teach with us :) We taught Jesus(Hesus) last night and Jason (MP) was on fire! I mean he took over most of the lesson. Sister Turro and I were just sitting there looking at each other wondering where did he serve his mission. Well turns out he hasn't he was inactive for a lot of his teens and 20's. But is now a spiritual giant! Meeting people like that give me hope. That those that struggle can  eventually find the truth.

The Square looks beautiful in white. I am so blessed to experience Christmas here.  I love having so many people to talk to. I need to get better at asking for referrals. It's my goal this week. I know if I invite the spirit to be with me I will find people who  are prepared to learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Thanks for all your prayers, excited for this transfer.
Love
Sister Bascom



No comments:

Post a Comment