Friday 4 July 2014

Happy Independence Day




Today in RS President Harman (2nd councilor) taught us all about 4th of July and what it means to Americans and also to the church. This land was set up so the Lord could establish his church and bless the world. I really l and am grateful for it. We read a lot from the Book of Mormon to see more of how the Lord has blessed us and prepared this land for the restoration.

1 neohi 13
 12 And I looked and beheld a man among the Gentiles, who was separated from the seed of my brethren by the many waters; and I beheld the Spirit of God, that it came down and wrought upon the man; and he went forth upon the many waters, even unto the seed of my brethren, who were in the promised land.
 16 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld that the Gentiles who had gone forth out of captivity did humble themselves before the Lord; and the power of the Lord was with them.
 17 And I beheld that their mother Gentiles were gathered together upon the waters, and upon the land also, to battle against them.
 18 And I beheld that the power of God was with them, and also that the wrath of God was upon all those that were gathered together against them to battle.

I have always enjoyed reading this part of the Book of Mormon, but now I have greater a understanding  as President Harman shared his thoughts and feelings. July 4th won't be as exciting as last year. We are all getting a 1 hour lunch break in shifts and going to go to BY park and have J dogs, I guess they are a big deal. (shoulder shrug.)


I don't think I have ever worked so hard on my mission or been so driven and passionate before in my life. I hope you are being the best companion and missionary you can be. I know the work is SO crippled when we don't work with our companion. I have noticed this recently as my companion and I are learning to work together. I have seen the blessings we are having as we teach together in unity. I can feel the spirit more as we teach. This is ultimate success to me, because it is not us who teaches but the Holy Ghost. If he isn't leading the lesson, well good luck…. We are simply instruments in his hands. Don't forget that and let him work through you. Our investigators are progressing nicely and I know that we all feel the spirit when we are presenting lessons.

Remember you are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you Seem and Smarter than you Think.
Love Sister Bascom

The sisters all dressed in red and white for Canada Day.
This is Sister Bascom and her comp to the left flanked by their roommates.

No comments:

Post a Comment